The Connecticut Association of School Business Officials (CASBO) was established in 1951 to link school business officials with each other to share ideas. Over the years, this important organization has continued to grow. Today, our core purpose is to support innovative business stewardship for education.
CASBO members are responsible for the non-curriculum aspects of the school district including: accounting and reporting; financial planning and budgeting; operation and maintenance of school facilities; administering personnel functions; purchasing and supply management; data processing; food service operations; grant applications and reporting; insurance; collective bargaining and transportation. CASBO members are vital partners in school leadership and are dedicated to the efficient and effective use of district resources.
CASBO’s Core Values:
We believe in:
- Student Focus
- Absolute Integrity
- Ethical Behavior
- Mutual Support and Respect
- Innovative Collaborative Solutions
CASBO’s Mission Statement:
- Assist the school leadership teams in linking the educational decisions with the effective management of resources to accomplish quality education;
- Strengthen our knowledge and management skills through a variety of quality programs and services;
- Promote an awareness of the role and responsibility of school business administrators within educational communities;
- Uphold the highest ethical standard of our profession and;
- Provide opportunities for members to create a network of personal and professional linkages for communication and support.